- Sam Faulkner, Philip Jobling, Christopher W.Rowe, S.M.Rodrigues Oliveira, Severine Roselli, Rick F.Thorne, Christopher Oldmeadow, John Attia, Chen Chen Jiang, Xu Dong Zhang, Marjorie M. Walker, Hubert Hondermarck (2018). Neurotrophin Receptors TrkA, p75NTR and Sortilin Are Increased and Targetable in Thyroid Cancer. The American Journal of Pathology October 14 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2017.09.008
- Alison Rutledge, Phillip Jobling, Marjorie M. Walker, Jim W. Denham, Hubert Hondermarck (2017). Spinal Cord Injuries and Nerve Dependence in Prostate Cancer. Trends in Cancer, 2017 Dec;3(12):812-815. doi: 10.1016/j.trecan.2017.10.001
- Degryse, S., C. E. de Bock, S. Demeyer, I. Govaerts, S. Bornschein, D. Verbeke, K. Jacobs, S. Binos, D. A. Skerrett-Byrne, H. C. Murray, N. M. Verrills, P. Van Vlierberghe, J. Cools, and M. D. Dun. Mutant Jak3 Phosphoproteomic Profiling Predicts Synergism between Jak3 Inhibitors and Mek/Bcl2 Inhibitors for the Treatment of T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Leukemia (08/30/online 2017). http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/leu.2017.276\
- Narges Miri, Joerg Lehmann, Kimberley Legge, Philip Vial and Peter B Greer (2017). Virtual EPID standard phantom audit (VESPA) for remote IMRT and VMAT credentialing, Physics in Medicine & Biology DOI: 10.1088/1361-6560/aa63df
- Jia Yu Wang, Guang Zhi Liu, James S. Wilmott, Ting La, Yu Chen Feng, Hamed Yari, Xu Guang Yan, Rick F. Thorne, Richard A. Scolyer, Xu Dong Zhang and Lei Jin (2017). Skp2-Mediated Stabilization of MTH1 Promotes Survival of Melanoma Cells upon Oxidative Stress. Cancer Res
- Nicholas Zdenkowski, George Radvan, Leanna Pugliese, Julie Charlton, Christopher Oldmeadow, Allison Fraser, Antonino Bonaventura (2017). Treatment of pancreatic insufficiency using pancreatic extract in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer: a pilot study (PICNIC). Supportive Care in Cancer. Bio
- Benoni Boilly, Sam Faulkner, Phillip Jobling, and Hubert Hondermarck (2017). Nerve Dependence: From Regeneration to Cancer. Cancer Cell. Bio
- James R. Perry, Normand Laperriere, Christopher J. O’Callaghan, Alba A. Brandes, Johan Menten, Claire Phillips, Michael Fay. et al (2017). Short-Course Radiation plus Temozolomide in Elderly Patients with Glioblastoma.New England Journal of Medicine. Bio
- Aldo Scarpa, David K. Chang, Katia Nones, Christopher J. Scarlett et al (2017). Whole-genome landscape of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumours. Nature Bio
- Gupta SK, Watson T, Denham J, Shakespeare T, Rutherford N, McLeod N, Picton K, Ainsworth P, Bonaventura T, Martin J, PSMA PET-CT for Prostate Cancer: Distribution of Disease and Implications for Radiotherapy Planning, International Journal of Radiation Oncology *Biology *Physics (2017), doi: 10.1016/j.ijrobp.2017.06.2448.
- Chevrier, Stéphane et al. An Immune Atlas of Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma, Cell, Volume 169 , Issue 4 , 736 - 749.e18
- Vahid Heravi Shargh, Hubert Hondermarck & Mingtao Liang, Gelatin-albumin hybrid nanoparticles as matrix metalloproteinases-degradable delivery systems for breast cancer therapy, Nanomedicine (Lond). 2017 May;12(9):977-989. doi: 10.2217/nnm-2016-0419. Epub 2017 Apr 25.
- Guo, Sutang & Chi, Mengna & Yang, R.-H & Y Guo, X & K Zan, L & Y Wang, C & F Xi, Y & Jin, Lei & Croft, Amanda & Tseng, Cindy Hsin-Yi & G Yan, X & Farrelly, Margaret & H Wang, F & Lai, Fritz & F Wang, J & P Li, Y & Ackland, Stephen & Scott, Rodney & Agoulnik, Irina & Jiang, Chen. (2015). INPP4B is an oncogenic regulator in human colon cancer. Oncogene. 35. . 10.1038/onc.2015.361.
- Mathe A, Wong-Brown M, Locke WJ, Stirzaker C, Braye SG, Forbes JF, Clark SJ, Avery-Kiejda KA* and Scott RJ*. DNA methylation profile of triple negative breast cancer-specific genes comparing lymph node positive patients to lymph node negative patients. Sci Rep 2016;6:33435. doi: 10.1038/srep33435. *These authors contributed equally
- Morten BC, Scott RJ and Avery-Kiejda KA. Comparison of three different methods for determining cell proliferation in breast cancer cell lines. J Vis Exp 2016; 115: e54350, doi:10.3791/54350
- Vahid Heravi Shargh et al (2016) Albumin Hybrid Nanoparticles Loaded with Tyrosine Kinase A Inhibitor GNF-5837 for Targeted Inhibition of Breast Cancer Cell Growth and Invasion. International Journal of Pharmaceutics.
- Prathima B. Nagendra, Jyoti Goad, Sarah Nielsen, Loui Rassam, Janine M. Lombard, Pravin Nahar, Pradeep S. Tanwar “Ovarian hormones through Wnt signalling regulate the growth of human and mouse ovarian cancer initiating lesions” Oncotarget August 2016.
- Sam Faulkner, Severine Roselli, Yohann Demont, Jay Pundavela,Genevieve Choquet, Philippe Leissner, Christopher Oldmeadow, John Attia,Marjorie M. Walker, Hubert Hondermarck. ProNGF is a potential diagnostic biomarker for thyroid cancer. Oncotarget.
- Amanda M. Smith, Matthew D. Dun, Erwin M. Lee, Celeste Harrison, Richard Kahl, Hayley Flanagan, Nikita Panicker, Baratali Mashkani,Anthony S. Don, Jonathan Morris, Hamish Toop, Richard B. Lock, Jason A.Powell, Daniel Thomas, Mark A. Guthridge, Andrew Moore, Leonie K.Ashman, Kathryn A. Skelding, Anoop Enjeti, Nicole M. Verrills. Activation of protein phosphatase 2A in FLT3+ acute myeloid leukemia cells enhances the cytotoxicity of FLT3 tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Oncotarget, Advanced Publications 2016
- Bolton KA, Holliday EG, Attia J, Bowden NA, Avery-Kiejda KA, Scott RJ. A novel polymorphic repeat in the upstream regulatory region of the estrogen-induced gene EIG121 is not associated with the risk of developing breast or endometrial cancer. BMC Res Notes 2016;9(1):287.
- Bolton KA, Avery-Kiejda KA, Holliday EG, Attia J, Bowden NA and Scott RJ. A polymorphic repeat in the IGF1 promoter influences the risk of endometrial cancer. Endocr Connect. 2016;5(3):115-22
- Talseth-Palmer BA, Bauer DC, Sjursen W, Evans TJ, McPhillips M, Proietto A, Otton G, Spigelman AD, Scott RJ.Targeted next-generation sequencing of 22 mismatch repair genes identifies Lynch syndrome families. Cancer Med. 2016 May;5(5):929-41. doi: 10.1002/cam4.628. Epub 2016 Jan 25.
- Bailey, P. et al (2016) Genomic analysis identify molecular subtypes of pancreatic cancer. Nature 532:47-52 doi 10.1038/nature16965
- Ella R. Thompson, Simone M. Rowley, Na Li, Simone McInerny, Lisa Devereux, Michelle W. Wong-Brown,Alison H. Trainer, Gillian Mitchell, Rodney J. Scott, Paul A. James, and Ian G. Campbell. Panel Testing for Familial Breast Cancer: Calibrating the Tension Between Research and Clinical Care. Journal of Clinical Oncology 10.1200/JCO.2015.63.7454.
- Morten, BC, Wong-Brown, MW, Scott, RJ and Avery-Kiejda, KA, ‘The presence of the intron 3 16bp duplication polymorphism of p53 (rs17878362) in breast cancer is associated with a low 40p53:p53 ratio and better outcome. Carcinogenesis. 2016 37(1):81-6. doi: 10.1093/carcin/bgv164. (IF: 5.334)
- Mathe A, Scott RJ, Avery-Kiejda KA. MiRNAs and Other Epigenetic Changes as Biomarkers in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2015 Nov 30;16(12):28347-76. doi: 10.3390/ijms161226090. (IF: 2.862).
- Mathe A, Wong-Brown M, Morton B, Forbes JF, Braye SG, Avery-Kiejda KA* and Scott RJ*. Novel transcripts associated with lymph node metastasis in triple negative breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 5;5:15832. doi: 10.1038/srep15832. (IF: 5.578) *These authors contributed equally
- Fay, M., Head, R., Martin, J. Where is the radiobiology and pharmacology research to improve outcomes in glioblastoma? Journal of Neuro-Oncology August 2015 124(1) 1-3
- Dun, M., Chalkley, R.J., Faulkner, S., Keene, S., Avery-Kiejda, K, Scott, R., Falkenby, L.G., Cairns, M.J., Larsen, M., Bradshaw, R.A., & Hondermarck, H.Proteotranscriptomic Profiling of 231-BR Breast Cancer Cells: Identification of Potential Biomarkers and Therapeutic Targets for Brain Metastasis. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics
- Rush, A., Christiansen, J.H., Farrell, J.P., Goode, S.M., Scott, R., Spring, K., & Byrne, J.A. 'A snapshot of Cancer Biobanks in NSW: Investing in the future of medical research' Biopreservation and Biobanking
- Puthiyeth, N., Riveros, C., Beretta, R., Moscato, P. A New Combinatorial Optimization Approach for Integrated Feature Selection Using Different Datasets: A Prostate Cancer Transcriptomic Study. Published: June 24, 2015 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0127702
- Ramadan S, Arm J, Silcock J, Santamaria G, Buck J, Roy M, Leong, K, Lau, P., Clark, D., Malycha, P., Mountford, C. Lipid and Metabolite Deregulation in the Breast Tissue of Women Carrying BRCA1 and BRCA2 Genetic Mutations. Radiology. 2015;275(3):675-82. doi: doi:10.1148/radiol.15140967. PubMed PMID: 25734415.
- Pundavela, J., Roselli, S., Faulkner, S., Attia, J., Scott, R.J., Thorne, R.F., Forbes, J.F., Bradshaw, R.A., Walker, M.M., Jobling, P., & Hondermarck, H. 'Nerve fibers infiltrate the tumor microenvironment and are associated with nerve growth factor production and lymph node invasion in breast cancer.' Molecular Oncology
- Scott, A.I., Hilmer, S.N., Reeve, E., Potter, K., Le Couteur, D., Rigby, D., Del Mar, C.B., Roughead, E.E., Page, A., Jansen, J., Martin, J.H. Reducing inappropriate polypharmacy: the process of deprescribing. JAMA Intern Med. 2015 May;175(5):827-34. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.0324.
- Hosein, A.N., Lim, Y.C., Day, B., Stringer, B., Rose, S., Head, R., Cosgrove, L., Sminia, P., Fay, M., Martin, J. The effect of valproic acid in combination with irradiation and temozolomide on primary human glioblastoma cells. Journal of Neuro-Oncology April 2015 122(2):263-271
- Leong KM, Lau P, Ramadan S. Utilisation of MR spectroscopy and diffusion weighted imaging in predicting and monitoring of breast cancer response to chemotherapy. Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology. 2015:1-10. doi: 10.1111/1754-9485.12310.
- Natalie Dodd, Mariko Carey and Elise Mansfield (2017). Knowledge of colorectal cancer risk factors and screening recommendations: a cross-sectional study of regional Australian general practice patients. Public Health Research & Practice, December 2017; Vol. 27(5):e2751748 https://doi.org/10.17061/phrp2751748
- Natalie Dodd, Elise Mansfield, Mariko Leanne Carey and Christopher Oldmeadow. Are Australian general practice patients appropriately screened for colorectal cancer? A cross-sectional study Australasian Medical Journal 2017;10(7):610-619]. DOI: 10.21767/AMJ.2017.3041
- Gillian S. Gould, Yael Bar-Zeev, Michelle Bovill, Lou Atkins, Maree Gruppetta, Marilyn J Clarke and Billie Bonevski. Designing an implementation intervention with the Behaviour Change Wheel for health provider smoking cessation care for Australian Indigenous pregnant women Implementation Science 201712:114. DOI: 10.1186/s13012-017-0645-1
- Bar-Zeev Y, Bonevski B, Bovill M ICAN QUIT in Pregnancy Pilot Group, et al The Indigenous Counselling and Nicotine (ICAN) QUIT in Pregnancy Pilot Study protocol: a feasibility step-wedge cluster randomised trial to improve health providers' management of smoking during pregnancy BMJ Open 2017;7:e016095. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016095
- Okuyama T, Akechi T, Mackenzie L, Furukawa TA. Psychotherapy for depression among advanced, incurable cancer patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Treatment Reviews (2017) 56:16-27. DOI: 10.1016/j.ctrv.2017.03.012
- Natalie Dodd, Mariko Leanne Carey, Elise Mansfield, and Christopher Oldmeadow. Testing the effectiveness of a primary care intervention to improve uptake of colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled trial protocol. JMIR Res Protocol (2017) 6(5):e86. DOI: 10.2196/resprot.7432
- Eliza Skelton, Flora Tzelepis, Anthony Shakeshaft, Ashleigh Guillaumier, Adrian Dunlop, Sam McCrabb, Kerrin Palazzi, Billie Bonevski. Addressing tobacco in Australian alcohol and other drug treatment settings: a cross-sectional survey of staff attitudes and perceived barriers. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy (2017) 12:20. DOI: 10.1186/s13011-017-0106-5
- Yael Bar Zeev, Billie Bonevski, Laura Twyman, Kerrianne Watt, Lou Atkins, Kerrin Palazzi, Christopher Oldmeadow, Gillian Gould. Opportunities Missed: A cross-sectional survey of the provision of smoking cessation care to pregnant women by australian general practitioners and obstetricians. Nicotine & Tobacco Research (2017) 19(5):636-641. DOI: 10.1093/ntr/ntw331
- Laura Twyman, Billie Bonevski, Christine Paul, Frances J. Kay-Lambkin, Jamie Bryant, C. Oldmeadow, K. Palazzi and A. Guillaumier (2016) The association between cannabis use and motivation and intentions to quit tobacco within a sample of Australian socioeconomically disadvantaged smokers. Health Education Research Advance Access
- Kristen McCarter et al (2016) Smoking cessation care among patients with head and neck cancer: a systematic review. BMJ Open 2016 6:e012296 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012296
- Goulooze. S.C. et al (2016) Monte Carlo simulations of the clinical benefits from therapeutic drug monitoring of sunitinib in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol (2016) 78:209-2016.
- McCarter, K et al (2016) Smoking cessation care among patients with head and neck cancer: a systematic review. BMJ Open 2016(6): e012296 doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-012296
- Tracey, E et al (2016) How can we ensure that people with lung cancer living in rural and remote areas are treated surgically when appropriate. Medical Journal of Australia 204(9): 330-330.e1
- Laura Twyman, Billie Bonevski, Christine Paul, Jamie Bryant, Coral Gartner, Ashleigh Guillaumier. (2016) Electronic Cigarettes: Awareness, Recent Use, and Attitudes within a sample of Socioeconomically disadvantaged Australian Smokers. Nicotine & Tocacco Research 18(5):670-677
- Alix E. Hall, Chris Paul, Jamie Bryant, Marita C. Lynagha, Philip Rowlings (2016) To adhere or not to adhere: Rates and reasons of medication adherence in hematological cancer patients. Critical Reviews in Oncology/hematology 97:247-262.
- Herrmann, A., Mansfield, E., Hall, A. E., Sanson-Fisher, R., & Zdenkowski, N. (2016). Wilfully out of sight? A literature review on the effectiveness of cancer-related decision aids and implementation strategies. BMC medical informatics and decision making, 16(1), 1-9. doi:10.1186/s12911-016-0273-8
- McCarter K, Britton B, Baker A, Halpin S, Beck A, Carter G, Wratten C, Bauer J, Booth D, Forbes E, Wolfenden L. Interventions to improve screening and appropriate referral of patients with cancer with cancer for distress: Systematic review protocol. BMJ Open 2015, doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008277
- Hall A, Paul, C, Lynagh MC, Rowlings P, Enjeti A, Small H. To adhere or not to adhere: Rates and reasons of medication adherence in hematological cancer patients. Critical Reviews in Hematology/Oncology, doi:10.1016/j.critrevonc.2015.08.025
- Natasha Noble, Christine Paul, Heidi Turon, Christopher Oldmeadow. Which modifiable health risk behaviours are related? A systematic review of the clustering of Smoking, Nutrition, Alcohol and Physical activity ('SNAP') health risk factors. Preventive Medicine, 2015 doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2015.07.003
- Natasha E Noble, Christine L Paul, Nicole Turner, Stephen V Blunden, Christopher Oldmeadow and Heidi E Turon. A cross-sectional survey and latent class analysis of the prevalence and clustering of health risk factors among people attending an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service. BMC Public Health 2015, 15:666 doi:10.1186/s12889-015-2015-8.
- Tzelepis F, Sanson-Fisher R, Hall, Carey M, Paul C, Clinton-McHarg T. Development and psychometric evaluation of the Quality of Patient-Centered Cancer Care measure with hematological cancer survivors. Cancer, Volume 121, Issue 14, pages 2383–2392, July 15 2015.
- Tzelepis F, Sanson-Fisher R, Hall, Carey M, Paul C, Clinton-McHarg T. The quality of patient-centred care: haematological cancer survivors' perceptions. Psych-oncology, Volume 24, Issue 7, pages 796–803, July 2015.
- Paul C, Bonevski B, Twyman L, D'Este C, Siahpush M, Guillaumier A, Bryant J, Fradgley E, Palazzi K. The 'price signal' for health care is loud and clear: A cross-sectional study of self-reported access to health care by disadvantaged Australians. Australian and New Zealand journal of public health Jun 2015
- Ashleigh Guillaumier, Billie Bonevski and Christine Paul. Cigarettes are priority': a qualitative study of how Australian socioeconomically disadvantaged smokers respond to rising cigarette prices. Health Educ. Res. (2015) 30 (4): 599-608.
- Elizabeth A. Fradgley, Christine L. Paul and Jamie Bryant. A systematic review of barriers to optimal outpatient specialist services for individuals with prevalent chronic diseases: what are the unique and common barriers experienced by patients in high income countries? International Journal for Equity in Health 2015, 14:52
- Regan T, Carey M, Bryant J, Waller A, Mansfield E, Sitas F, Tracey E. Prevalence and correlates of current smoking behaviour among medical oncology outpatients. Psycho-Oncology, accepted June 2nd 2015.
- Waller, A. Forshaw, K. Bryant, J., Carey, M. Boyes, A. Preparatory education for cancer patients undergoing surgery: a systematic review of volume and quality of research output over time. Patient Education and Counselling.
- Zucca, A., Sanson-Fisher, R., Waller, A., Carey, M., Fradgeley, L. Medical oncology patients: are they offered help and does it provide relief? Journal of Pain and Symptom Management (in press). Bryant, J., Sanson-Fisher, R., Fradgley, E., Regan, T., Hobden, B., Ackland, S.
- Oncology patients overwhelmingly support tissue banking. BMC Cancer. 2015, In press.Carey M, Noble N, Mansfield E, Waller A, Henskens F, Sanson-Fisher R.
- The role of e-health in optimising preventive care in the primary care setting. Journal of Medical Internet Research.
This page is updated bi-monthly. If you are a HCRA member with a publication to share, send us an email.
- Prathima B. Nagendra, Jyoti Goad, Sarah Nielsen, Loui Rassam, Janine M. Lombard, Pravin Nahar, Pradeep S. Tanwar. Ovarian hormones through Wnt signalling regulate the growth of human and mouse ovarian cancer initiating lesions. Oncotarget August 2016
- Bryant, J., Sanson-Fisher, R., Fradgley, E., Regan, T., Hobden, B., Ackland, S. Oncology patients overwhelmingly support tissue banking. BMC Cancer. 2015, In press.
- Pundavela J, Roselli S, Faulkner S, Attia J, Scott RJ, Thorne RF, Forbes JF, Bradshaw RA, Walker MM, Jobling P, Hondermarck H. Nerve fibers infiltrate the tumor microenvironment and are associated with nerve growth factor production and lymph node invasion in breast cancer. Mol Oncol. 2015 May 14. pii: S1574-7891(15)00115-5. doi: 10.1016/j.mol onc.2015.05.001.
- Roselli S, Pundavela J, Demont Y, Faulkner S, Keene S, Attia J, Jiang CC, Zhang XD, Walker MM, Hondermarck H. Sortilin is associated with breast cancer aggressiveness and contributes to tumor cell adhesion and invasion. Oncotarget. 2015 Apr 30;6(12):10473-86.
- Pundavela J, Demont Y, Jobling P, Lincz LF, Roselli S, Thorne RF, Bond D, Bradshaw RA, Walker MM, Hondermarck H. ProNGF correlates with Gleason score and is a potential driver of nerve infiltration in prostate cancer. Am J Pathol. 2014 Dec;184(12):3156-62. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2014.08.009.
This publication listing is updated bi-monthly. If you are a HCRA member with a publication to share, send us an email.